Challenge Rules

Monday, May 13, 2013

Challenge #16: Father's Day Cards

Dear old Dad...what fun we have creating a special card for you using SVG (or similar) files!  Show us what you'll be sending this year to that special man.  We are so happy you've joined us and can't wait to see what you've created. 
FATHER'S DAY CARDS

Prize for this challenge is a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files
from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 100 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the"Creative Choice" button.


Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts. For detailed information and/or instructions, please click on their blog link.

Carolyn from GRANNY MA's CREATIVE BLOG  used the NUMBER ONE DAD file to create a shaped card.  She says:  "I used Kraft type cardstock for the base of the card.  I created a shaped card by laying the shadowed piece of the image on the edge of the card, and joined together creating a card base.  The card is created from a plaid design I found on My Memories Suite scrapbook software, exported to my file, and then printed giving me the plaid look of a shirt.  For the inside of the card, which is white, I cut a piece of kraft cardstock to about 3 inches and glued to the inside...contrasting the colors.  I wanted a tie created out of design paper and had a pad of these small to medium size paper.  Decided on the black polka dot for the tie, and layered on to a shadow of the SVG cut.  Put it all together and presto...a Father's Day card for my son over-seas."

Cindy from THE CREATIVE POINTE created this shaped card using the new DAD IS KING CARD.  She says:  "This card combines three of my favorite things to create with:  scrap pieces of decorative paper, Distress Inks and bling!  Click over to my blog for the details."

Victoria from PAPER SQUIRREL also used the NUMBER ONE DAD file on the front of her card.  She says:  "June and summer fun will be here before you know it, so join in our two-week “Father's Day” themed challenge and get a jump start on a card for dad's special day!  I paired washi tape with The Creative Pointe's "Number One Dad" SVG file to create a quick and quirky card for my dad."

Tina from TINA'S SCRAP CORNER made this card using a file from the CAR SET.  She says:  "I created a card with a classic car from the Car Set collection. This set has five cool cars in it that are great for anything masculine. To get all the details of the card you’ll have stop by my blog."

Shelissa from SHELISSA'S CRAFT STUDIO  shows her take on the NUMBER ONE DAD file, having the lettering extend off the edges of the card.  She says:  "For this Father's Day card I used the Number One Dad cut file from The Creative Pointe website. I cut it out using DCWV metallic dark blue and light blue cardstock.  For the base card I used a grey card stock that I picked up from Michaels."

Octavia from T's CORNER FOR SCRAPPIN' used the versatile TROPHY CARD to make this sparkling card.  She says:  "Using the Trophy file, my favorite gold glitter paper, and black and white cardstock, this Father's Day card is for the #1 Dad!"




3 comments:

  1. Spectacular DT creations! :o) Thank you for the inspiration and the sweet challenge. I am thrilled to be participating for the first time. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete